- Students would have learned about the three branches of government and how representatives get elected into office.
- Students will learn how to use a moviemaker program.
o They will learn how to film with a video camera
o They will learn how to edit the film and add sound.
- Students will review how to edit film and add sound
o I will then give students partners and have them brainstorm their campaigns.
o They will create a video board outline that will show what they plan on doing during their short campaign video.
o I will then give students time during class to do research and make their campaign videos.
- Students will be given time during class and during free periods to work on their campaign videos.
- Students will be given time at the end of class to work on their videos when all their other work from class has been completed.
- Students will have finalized their projects and the students will share them in front of the class.
o They will give the background to their campaigns.
o Students at the end of day 9 will then vote on the best video in election ballot format like during a real election.
Students need to make sure they have completed the following in their video:
- Made an appropriate video that flows well and is not choppy.
- Needs to be creative and original
- Have a clear campaign slogan
- Have a clear representation to what the candidate is trying to represent if elected.
- Must have they saying “I am (insert name here) and I have approved this message.
- This video must be one to two minutes per group.