Tuesday, February 28, 2012


Software Skills Reflection

In the first couple weeks of this class I never expected to learn about so many different types of software and technologies that I find could be useful for me in the classroom. I find it helpful to learn about the new technologies that are now being used in the classroom and find the need to keep up with its usage. I have found it to be very beneficial to learn about programs such as Inspiration and Smart Boards for classrooms. All of these new tools I feel I can use with great success in my future classrooms.

The learning of Inspiration was one of the most useful resources I feel I have learned about. I feel using Inspiration in my classroom will allow me to create different ways of teaching, learning, and taking notes for students. The ability to create diagrams will help organize the lessons and facts they are learning so students are able to make connections. They will be able to see the correlation between topics and aspects of history. For example I could use inspiration to create a diagram showing the process of how a bill becomes a law. As the bill is exchanged from branch to the next I will be able to give a visual representation of the creation of new legislation. I also like the aspect that I can take the diagram I have designed and put it into an outline for my classes. I could easily develop an activity that could be for different learning styles. I would be able to create worksheets for the visual learners and those who are considered to be serious note takers. This program will have a great use for my future classes.

Another sources I have found to be useful is the Smart Board lessons. Coming into this class I knew very little about Smart Boards. I like learning the functions that it has to make a lesson fun, interesting, and most of all keeping the students engaged. I like the fact that there are programs for the smart board that can be used as review sessions before tests and quizzes. It is also a great devise to be used in getting students up and involved in the lesson. Every student would want to get up and use the Smart Board. Although not every school or classroom may have one it would be beneficial to know how to use one in the cause that the school district that I would be hired in would have one. It is a very useful tool that will make learning fun interesting and worth learning.

All the programs that we have learned have a use in any classroom it is what a teacher makes of those programs to make learning, fun, and successful. These programs can make it easier to make lessons that are adaptable for students with special needs or just need to a different way of learning. Our world is full of technology and it’s time for our schools to jump in with the technologies that are available to use. I feel I have a lot more to learn to be a successful teacher with these tools. I cannot wait to incorporate what I have in class to my own classroom one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment